Help! Surround Receiver recommendations to go with B&W M-1 Satellites / AS 1 Sub

Username: Shawntp

Post Number: 3
Hey folks ...I need some quick help since I am about to order a receiver blindly. I needed a discrete speaker package I could put on the walls/ceiling and decided on the B&W MT-10 mini theater system with 5x M-1 satellites (1" nautilus metal tweeter / 4" Glass woven Mid / 85 dB sensitivity) and a modest AS-1 sub (ok since I live in a high-rise condo).

I am looking for a decent receiver to pair with these for 50% music and %50 TV/theater at a $500 budget. These will go in the great room of our condo an probably won't be used at really high volumes (which I guess it good since the speakers are small and inefficient)

I am looking at DENON and MARANTZ mainly but also considering HK and my dealer is trying to steer me into an INTEGRA. I guess I am not considering Onkyo and some other so speak up if you think I should look at something.

On the table:
Marantz SR4600 ($430)
Denon AVR 686 ($400)
Integra DTR 4.6 ($600)
HK in the same range?
Other?

Thank to anyone who has input ...I really need help!

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 51
All of these brands are easy to recommend.Check out the denon av-1906.http://usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/545.asp

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 698
Between the ones you are listing, I would go with the Marantz. I would not consider the lower Denon AVR lines.

If you don't mind getting refurbished you can get a SR5500 for that price.

http://www.accessories4less.com/cgi-bin/category/AVReceiver

Username: Shawntp

Post Number: 4
Thanks, I ended up getting the SR4600 new for under $400 so I went for it. A few people on the AVForums websire also recomended it and i see the SR4500 got good bang/buck ratings. I am not going to be too demanding on this unit so hopefully it works out great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us