Problem with Cox hdmi and yamaha rxv2600

Steven Cheatham
Unregistered guest
When I route my cox d.c. box through my receiver I get a message that says something like This set top does not allow the signal to a splitter please use your yrybyg cables. The cox guy told me it was my hdmi cable I think it is the box. does anyone know how i can do this.

Username: Ecarlson

Plainfield, Il USA

Post Number: 8
It is probably neither and it is a problem. Anything that get's between the TV and the HD content is a problem. HDCP is employed over the HDMI conection. HDCP stands for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection. It stops you from copying to a DVD Recorder or other device through your receiver at HI-Def quality.

They don't tell you this when they sell you the receiver. I can run my HDMI DVD through my receiver but not my Comcast HD receiver.

Silver Member
Username: Cuylar

Burnsville, MN USA

Post Number: 227
box is incompatable with current hdcp standards.

Unregistered guest
Which Cox box do you have?

Username: Neilk2350

New york, NY United States

Post Number: 2
ok guys the problem is bigger than that. see my other posts. but the problem lies with the software version of the stb box and the 2600. my 4600 passes hdmi perfectly to the tv. my other box the 2600 does not. yamaha blames cablevision (firmware of stb)cablevision claims to be up to date. untill HDMI settles down there is little you can do. yamaha tech claims he got his own cable company to download an update, i have found no evidence anywhere that cable co's will do that.

in the mean time two workarounds run hdmi from box
directly to tv (us tv switching ability) or use componant to 2600 and HDMI out. both will work

Silver Member
Username: Cuylar

Burnsville, MN USA

Post Number: 228
You are correct. I have comcast and they have no way to send a firmware update through the cable line. the box won't receive it that way. With your 4600 the hdmi switching works??? hmmm. sounds fishy that they would claim that the fault lies in the cable company. I will check up on that.

Username: Neilk2350

New york, NY United States

Post Number: 3
yes my 4600 works perfectly. according to yamaha that is because it is 4 months older. i agree its fishy why would a more up to date receiver work less well with hdmi then a newer one
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us