Speakers for Denon 3806 - willing to pay upto $2000

Anonymous

I just bought the 3806, and would like to know which speakers would match up best with it? I have heard the paradigm speakers, but dont just want to jump on the first that i see/hear. I am also comparing prices to the axion and aperion, but not sure if they are on the same level as the paradigm, as they are internet order only?

Can anyone help? I am looking to play music and movies (50-50), and usually live in an apartment (no need to hit the natural frequency of the building and bring it down). I am looking to spend about $1800-$2000.

Username: Jon_m

Post Number: 1
For those that don't know the Denon 3806 is a 7.1 system.

Radness
Unregistered guest
2 grand is alot to just plop down without knowing much about speakers. Do a shitload of research and narrow your search down to two or three. Hell, you can even build your own if you're good with tools. Here are some designs:

http://www.visaton.de/english/artikel/art_546_6_21_2.html

Just go to each speaker and check out 'construction'. They aren't that hard to make.

My first real set was a mediocre $800 set because I couldn't wait but it gave me enough time (2 years)to research, listen and know what I was looking for. It also allowed me put more money into my system.

Now that I have my new system I don't regret waiting because I definitely hear the difference between my $800 set to my $7,000 set.

BTW: The time spent research also tests whether this is a passing fad for you or if you are really serious about it. You'd be surprised at how many people are really only into it for a few months.

Other than that go for the Paradigms, they sell pretty well on ebay when it's time to move on.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5026
Paradigm works well with Denon.
Axiom is also great but there are those who do not like it with Denon and Yamaha.
Try also looking and Ascend Acoustics.

Username: Irisfailsafe

BogotaColombia

Post Number: 9
What about Bowers and Wilkins?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5058
What about them?

Unregistered guest
I might be able to help. I paired up the B&W 704 with the 3806 and a Denon 3910 DVD Player. I also used a pair of B&W 600 S3 for the rear speakers and a LCR3 as a centre channel.

The results were very impressive. The sound was warm and engaging when playing 2 channel stereo, with a deep soundstage and clear imaging.

I would highly recommend this set-up. The B&Ws pair well the Denon 3806.

Username: Madmartigan

Post Number: 1
i have focal cobalt & sibs & they sound great w/ my denon 3805, B&W's sound great too. the focal sib & cub2 sub/sat 5.1 package is only $800 & is way more than enough for an apt. thats what i started with. happy hunting
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us