How to use old HTIB sub with new system

Username: Jon_gordon

Post Number: 2
Hey guys,
I like reading all your posts and hoped that someone might be able to help me with a problem I'm having. I had previously owned a Toshiba HTIB system and just recently started to upgrade. I kept the satellites/sub and bought a new receiver (HK AVR-140) and center channel (JBL EC25). My problem is this:

The Toshiba powered sub has only speaker level inputs (actually its just a speaker line running into the box itself), but my new receiver has a subwoofer preamp RCA output. Is there anyway to still use this subwoofer? I got a basic speaker line to RCA converter from Radio Shack, but it did nothing. http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102959&cp=&kw=speaker+wir e+rca&parentPage=search

PLEASE HELP! I'm going crazy without bass!

Unregistered guest
You can connect your sub in parallel with your main speakers. Connect both your main speakers and sub to your receiver's main L/R speaker terminals.

If you do this, be sure to set your receiver to "subwoofer = no" so that LFE is sent to your sub via the main speakers. Your subwoofer's crossover control will also be engaged.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us