Is it really THATimportant to match speakers....?

Anonymous

As of now..i have an HK 330 Receiver, DIY fronts (made from peerless components), Paradigm Rears, Infinity center channel and a diff brand sub woofer. The system sounds amazing right now...except the center channel is lagging a bit. its very small compared to everything else. i would like to replace it with something quite a bit bigger, but i'm a little confused on what brand i should go with. I don't want to build one to match the fronts, and i'm wondering if its really important i buy a Paradigm center to match the rears because i can't buy Paradigm in town, i'd have to resort to ebay or something. Somebody suggested a JBL EC35 to me, while huge, doesn't match anything.
Can anyone help me out a bit? tell me if its a big deal they don't match...I dont' think my fronts will ever match because i may be building a set of Fostex speakers at some point as well. i'm confused!

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 666
Preferably you want to match all speakers. Alternately you want to match the front three speakers. Matching a center front with rear speakers makes very little sense at all

Hint: Bigger does not always mean better. Why would you want a huge speaker that does little more than get dialog out in a movie setting anyways?

Anonymous

Yaaa i've been kind of skeptical about buying just a "bigger" speaker, but it seems like i have no other choice. When i bought the CC i have, i bought the smaller (and what i thought, more effecient) Infinity channel over the larger Quest. I've lived with it for 3 years, but i'd like to try and get something larger that can keep up with everything else.
How can i match a center speaker with fronts that were custom built without custom building a center channel?

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 669
Can you move them to the back and move the paradigms to the front and then match it with a center channel, or are the Paradigms too small?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us