Is this possible?

Username: Mgs81

Maryland

Post Number: 1
Greetings All,

I have recently bought a Panasonic AE900U projector. I currently have a Panasonic TV. Both will be i the same room. I will use my projector for gamin, DVD, and occasionaly using it to watch tv(superbowl). I will use the regular tv to watch tv on a daily bases.I am planning on buying a new DVD player that holds more dvd's, a new receiver, and new speakers.

Well now for my question.

How am I going to hook all this up so that I can flip between TV, Projector, DVD, Xbox and have the speakers work for all?

I have been trying to find a connection diagram on the net but have been unsuccesful I saw this, http://www.monstercable.com/hookup_learning/csg/power/power.asp, but it is not what I am looking for.

Any help will be appreciated. Email me if you have a diagram or post on here for everyone.

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Demfourlife

Post Number: 15
Mike, I am currently doing what you want to do. When finished, I will have a 7.1 system with a wall mounted DLP TV and an InFocus Front Projector. To send multiple sihnals from your Directv, cable box, DVD, XBOX, etc., you will need a switcher. I upgraded all my eqipment to HDMI or DVI which makes it alot simpler. I then purchased the Gefen 4x2 switcher to connect everything. It's not cheap, it will run you about $500, but it's worth it.

Here is my theater so far: http://community.webshots.com/album/526640264LuzePq

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 649
For that price, don't you want a higher end receiver with all the connections?

Username: Mgs81

Maryland

Post Number: 2
That is exactly what I want. Will your speakers be able to work with all your sources? I wonder if i can get it any cheaper on e-bay. Is that something you think i should purchase off ebay if i can get it for a whole lot less?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us