Sound delay prob w/ ks 5192 (optical)

Username: Kirby001

Post Number: 1
i recently just got the ks 5192 and an optical cable for my xbox, i got everything working but for some reason there is a degenerating delay effect with my sound. note: there is not delay when using my av cables just optical. anyways when i first start using optical everything works fine, little or no delay, perfectly playable. but as time passes the sound grows further and further behind the video until its alost half a second behind or more. wondering if there was anyways to fix this. or if this could be due to the crappy optical cable i bought, it only cost $15. thanks alot for you responses

Unregistered guest
I'll try to take a guess. Trying another cable is a good idea. Make sure your connections are good and tight. Optical cables have protective rubber (clear) boot on the end sensor that must be removed. Some optical cables are sensitive when it comes to bending them into tight curves as it can damage the inside glass, reflective material, or whatever it is. Hope that helped.

Unregistered guest
I'll try to take a guess. Trying another cable is a good idea. Make sure your connections are good and tight. Optical cables have protective rubber (clear) boot on the end sensor that must be removed. Some optical cables are sensitive when it comes to bending them into tight curves as it can damage the inside glass, reflective material, or whatever it is. Hope that helped.

Unregistered guest
I am having the same problem. Try the following:
Try the upgrade procedure and file at the Koss web site (www.koss-av.com), Consumer Support, FAQ, Click on link: Home Theater Systems - Model Numbers begin with KS or C, Click on link: "Q. My KS4190 series or KS5190 series home theater system has a sound synchronize problem on Dolby digital through the optical or coaxial connection. How can I fix that?". Maybe this fix will work for you. It hasn't helped me yet. My email address is: blucas@cfl.rr.com

Username: Daves31

Mine does the delay too with digital cable so I don't think it's the cable. Does anyone have the upgrade for the 5192? It appears that Koss has pulled their website. I haven't been able to get to it for 3 weeks now.

Username: Sheridan07

Post Number: 2
it is nearly a year later now.... and I just bought a $5 optical cable for my xbox 360, and I'm getting the same problem you guys had, have any of you found a fix for this yet? :-/

I have the KS5190, so it is slightly different model probably...

Username: Henry33

Portland,, OR US

I also don't think it's the cables. The video processing at various points slows down the image so the audio preceeds it. See this article on lip sync units - http://www.audaud.com/article.php?ArticleID=3011
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us