DVD player, TV and speakers

Username: Benndaman33

Post Number: 3
Alright, I have a HD TV and a DVD player and a reciever for my speakers. I used an optical cable to connect my HD cable box to my surround speakers and that works great, my cable audio now comes out the speakers perfectly. I have my DVD player connected directly to the TV and hte cable box directly to the tv. Do I need to wire the DVD player direclty to the reciever in order to get audio on my speakers from dvds, or is there a way to make it play through the cable box to the speakers without wiring it directly from the DVD player - I simply dont' want to spend more money on wires to connect the DVD palyer seperately to the speakers. thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Praetorian

Post Number: 18
What do you have as connections already? Your TV set up is clear, but for your DVD player, are you using component for video, and something else for audio? Or RCA cables? You MIGHT have to shill out for one more audio cable (depending on what inputs are left for yor receiver...

Username: Benndaman33

Post Number: 4
I have just RCA cables for my DVD player to the TV. The reciever still has inputs left for RCA cables...I would have to buy longer RCA cables but they're not particularly expensive...can i simply use the audio part of the RCA cables to connect to reciever?

Bronze Member
Username: Praetorian

Post Number: 23
Yes, but for Stereo only, though if I only had the either/or option, I would opt to put the digital optical cable as the sound from my DVD player (I watch more movies than TV that comes in 5.1). Use your RCA cords for your cable box sound, and optical for your DVD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us