Surround Sound Pre-Wired - now what?? help

Username: Beckycasto

Charlotte, NC

Post Number: 1
We just closed on our house and it was set up with surround sound pre-wires. So in the living room there are wall plates that if you take off, wires are located... now some of them are simple. I assume you split the wires and plug them into the speakers... but there is one located by the TV that contains a different type of wire... I'm assuming we have to do something else to those wires... I think we have to actually convert them to something that we would plug the actual surround sound box into... and those cables have plugs on the end... HELP! We don't know anything about this... before the wires weren't in the wall... So it was simple, everything either plugged into a speaker or into the SS box... but now the wires are coming out of the wall and we're not sure how to make our surround sound work... Can anyone suggest a REAL SIMPLE book.. with diagrams and pictures to show us???? Thank you in advance for any suggestions. -- Becky

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 599
Becky this is not very descriptive. Perhaps you can post some pictures that shows the endings and so we can give you some advice.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us