Yamaha HTR-5830 AV Receiver

Username: Bubby

Post Number: 1
Received the Yamaha HTR-5830 AV Receiver for Christmas. Have connected TV, VCR and DVD to receiver. I am unable to get a picture or sound on the TV using the DVD or VCR. Have checked and rechecked connections and cannot determine why it is not working. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Praetorian

Post Number: 8
Have you run through all the input channels? Sometimes the label in th back does not match up with the label on the menue. For example I connected my dvd audio though the second digital optical input, and under it is typed "dvd" but you have to select "v-aux" (unless you manually label the inputs, which the manual explains how). As well, did you check to see that you were selceting the correct speakers? IE speaker A or B?

If all else fails, just hook the video feeds directly to the TV, and the audio to your yammie.

Username: Praetorian

Post Number: 9
post a pic of the back of your TV and receiver too if you can....

Garrett2525
Unregistered guest
i am having problems with the reciever. I am trying to use the dts decoder. i have a digital coaxial audio cable running from my reciever to the dts digital out on my dvd player. when i push input select on my receiver and the dts symbol in the top right lights up it goes silent. i hvae the dvd, the dvd player, and the reciever all set for dts and all hooked up correctly. I relabled the digital audio input 3 so now it plays with my dvd player instead of the cd player because my dvd player doesnt have fiber optic. does anyone know what the problem is? put it on here or let me know where i can get help? gjones2525@cox.net

nevermorh
Unregistered guest
Set the input to AUTO not just dts. The receiver will play dts if your dvd movie has dts audio. If its not dts encoded it will not play with dts selected.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us