Surround sound won't work with Xbox or regular Tv, only with DVD player

Greaser
Unregistered guest
I got a Curtis home theatre system for Christmas. The DVD player was included with the system. The model number is 'DVD5028' I hooked it up and it worked when a DVD was in, but watching regular tv or using my Xbox it wouldn't work. Do I need some type of adapter or a do I need another system?? If someone could respond to this soon because I have to decide by tomorrow morning to take it back or not and get another one that will do what I want instead. Thanks

Username: Grevious

Post Number: 2
i have the same problem with a PS2... i dont know either but i've heard you need an optical cable to connect the system to the reciever... but thats for PS2.. i dont know if you need something different for Xbox.

Username: Genericwhitey

Post Number: 2
I'm having the same problem

hyasa
Unregistered guest
I just came across this post and recently set this up for my consoles. You do need the optical cable to get 5.1 sound for Xbox and PS2. PS2 has option on the console itself. For the Xbox you need the Xbox Advanced AV adaptor.

When turning on the xbox for the first time, after adding the adaptor, be sure to do so without any game or movie in it. You will see the option for sound on there. Turn DD and DTS to on. (If that thing can decode DTS signals)

Hope that helps somewhat, good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us