Denon 3805 Dolby Digital issue - no audio

Username: Naperdoc

Post Number: 1
Any help would be appreciated... I have a cable box and a Denon dvd player connected to a Denon 3805 through Coax connections 1 and 2 respectively. When a cd is played in the dvd player or the audio programming from the cable box is not dolby digital, the 3805 works.

However, when a dvd or the cable box signal is in dolby digital, I get no sound. I don't know what the issue is. Of note, on the left side of the front panel, the DDigital, Dig. and LF are lit when in dolby digital mode.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you in advance!!!

Username: Jvc

NC

Post Number: 6
It's bound to be in the digital setup, somewhere. In your receiver's setup menus, double check that the digital coax inputs are assigned correctly.

In dvd's setup menus, make sure the audio output is set for "Bitstream", not PCM.

Not familiar enough with cable boxes. It must be a digital cable box, to have digital outputs? :-) If there's a menu for the cable box, just double check that the output is digital.

Double checking everything, in case you lost a setting somehow, is the first thing I'd do. It really does sound like a setup that's not quite right.............
Of course there's always the chance that something is wrong with your receiver. Let's hope not!
Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us