Help

Username: Dogface

Post Number: 1
just got a mitsubishi dlp hdtv plus a sony dvdwith hdmi conectionand a harman/kardon avr what is the best hookup to get the best out of everthing thanks

Silver Member
Username: Paul98

Post Number: 115
I don't think you have HDMI switching on your receiver.

Connect the HDMI to the TV, and connect the digital audio out on the dvd player to a digital audio input on the receiver.

algeorge72@aol.com
Unregistered guest
I just bought the Durabrand DVD Home Theater System from Walmart. I just opened it and began to put it together(plugging the speakers into the back of the system). I got some audio sound coming from the 2 front, left and right speakers, but no sound at all coming from the 3 speakers(2 rear,1 subwoofer). Do I have a faulty system or is there something else I must do in order for this to work. The manual states not to return to the store, and that was my first thought. Please assist. Thanks! Sean!

Username: Aflygurl

Help, I just got a new 32" Flat panel TV and I need help with installation to my receiver. I have satalite cable.(Direct TV). I have the RCA jacks by monster, red, white,and yellow.

Bronze Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 46
algeorge72 (Sean),

Of course they are going to tell you to not take it back. Call their customer service line of the mfg and see if they can walk you through it.

Otherwise, take it back and buy something better.

Iris,

Your flat panel should have a DVI or HDMI connection. At least a component input. I would use them first before using composite (yellow single wire) for video. The red and white are left and right audio.

The red and white should go from the reciever to the tv using one of the inputs on your receiver like DBS or TV or whatever best matches the description of your display. The output under the same description goes to the TV from the receiver (another set of red and white cables).

Component Video cables are made of three cables, red, blue, and green. This is a better video connection. DVI and HDMI are smaller, single strand cables with unique connectors.

HDMI is best, DVI is second best, and component is third choice, IMO.

You may need to buy these better cables because some TVs do not come with these better cables.

Your manual should help you decide what kind you need based on what I have told you.

Happy Holidays!

Username: Rytchard

Setting up a panasonic home theatre DVD (SC-HT730) - all works well other than no audio when in the TV mode through the new receiver/dvd - rca cords placed as instructed - was told by Panasonic to call Toshiba (my tv is less than a year old) - they said the speakers need to be turned off on the TV - that option is not available in TV menu options - tried using VCR ports instead - no luck. Would really appreciate any assistance - the manual only displays a diagram for patch cords which are in place to play TV audio through this. Thanks in advance for those who might help here.

Unregistered guest
No sound at all? Maybe it depends on the DVD you're watching.Maybe it's intentionally only for the front three speakers. Or some parts of a movie aren't supposed to have sound coming out of those channels.

I got the same thing, algeorge, but my problem is it makes popping noises when I click a new option or whenever it goes to the next chapter/track or when I press "stop"/"rewind" or "forward." It just pops and makes crackling noises. It comes from the speakers; not the actual player. I've reconnected wires and stuff. Nothing works. Any suggestions?
mail to: NRGkool@aol.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us