Problem with home theater setup

Username: Brw2678

Post Number: 1
I just bought a Bose Cinemate speaker system. I'm trying to connect it to a system that has
a. television
b. Tivo
c. Xbox
d. Comcast cable box
I plugged the A/V cables from the speaker receiver into the TIVO. However, I can't get sound when the XBox is playing a game or movie. With my TV, you have to switch the screen to "Game" mode. When I do this, I still have the audio from whatever's playing on Tivo or live TV, but the picture shows the game/movie. I've tried switching up the inputs on all the different components, but still cant seem to get the audio to switch over with the video for Xbox. Any help would be appreciated...Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 556
You probably have to switch your TV audio form internal to external speakers. Look into the TV setup menu

Anonymous

hi
i have onkyo home theatre which i have problem in connecting to my panasonic hd tv. i have also got a comcast digital setup box .im not able to get the surround sound nor able to connect to my dvd.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

Username: Tylermoore

Post Number: 1
Hi
I just bought a Samsung Home Theater system.
Everything is setup OK, I can watch DVDs and hear the sound on the speakers.
But I can't seem to get the TV audio to come out of the speakers. I looked for an obvious Audio out jack on my Panasonic TV but there isn't one.
Any suggestions?
The TV has Audio in L,R, Video In and Cable Ant. That is it. Is there a way to forward the audio directly from the Cable box?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us