Sub-woofer in Sony HT-DDW870 sounds flat

Username: Naersh

Post Number: 1
Hi,

Recently purchased DDW870, did all connections after referring user manual. I have connected philips DVD player to it thru coaxial cable.

The problem is that subwoofer sounds flat. The o/p may be high but it is noisy and flat. I was expecting tight and punching sound with such high powered woofer. I have tried all settings under LEVEL, TONE and CUSTOMIZE on setup menu. The only setting for SW is that u can change it from -10dB to +10dB. All levels in this range sound pathetic.

Can't feel it more while watching movie , but while watching music videoes (DVD or stero) it hurts much. Insatead of enjoying music, it makes the experience worse. SW sounds dumb dumb all the way. The Altec -Lansing speaker connected to my PC produces more punching beats. Not sure if there is some settings to make the sound more punching or whether it is like this only.

Any one having experience with this model, pls suggest.

btw, I also tried all settings on DVD player also.
nothing works.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Naresh

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 555
Call or look up HSU

http://www.hsuresearch.com/

Ask for their b-stock units. They will be cheaper

Never buy Sony again.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4487
Naresh,
What is it about the Sony that made you assume that it is "such high powered woofer"?

But that is beside the point. You purchased a home theater in a box with Sony speakers. Such a package will have a lot of compromises and the speakers will be the first to be compromised. Sony is not known for its speaker quality. Get a different subwoofer as Stof suggested.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us