Help please my sub woofer not working

Username: Nidrill

Solihull, Birmingham England

Post Number: 1
Hi I have a tiny surrond sound system with 5 speakers and a sub woofer i have set up all my speakers into the speaker ports.

My sub woofer on the other hand has 4 holes in the back for speaker wire i would imagine and two audio inputs a red and a white. I dont know if im doing this right.
There is no other speaker ports free in the back of the tiny amp but there is a black input port with subwoofer written below it also next to that a port the same that has video written there does my subwoofer go into this????

What cable should I use?

There are lot of other inputs and outputs in the back of my amp should i use any of these?

I am putting a red and white into the back of my woofer and into the two prts in metioned subwoofer and video all i get is BUM....sound perminantly

HELP PLEASE

Unregistered guest
I have had many problems using the RCA preamp outputs from the receiver into the subwoofer. This sound is very quiet when hooked up this way. I prefer to use the speaker level inputs on the rear of the subwoofer (4 holes u mentioned above). It is wired like this. The front right and left outputs from the reciever go into the corresponding holes on the subwoofer (these are labeled). The subwoofers remaining two holes will output the front right/left signals to feed the speakers (labeled as well). Most subwoofers have a built in crossover that will take the fequencies meant from the subwoofer and send the rest onto the smaller speakers. You may also have to set your front speakers to large instead of small if your receiver has this option. Go to Polkaudio.com and the have a paper written on this matter with detailed instructions and why it is a preferred method. Good luck!

Unregistered guest
I hooked up a 6.5 300 watt 4om woofer to my allpine car stereo and cranked up the bass and vol and it was "staticy" I turned down the vol and it was still "staticy" Iturnd it Down to 8 and it finaly stoped but i cant hear or feel anything
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us