Suggestion on how to hide Wires

Username: Jderry78

Post Number: 5
I recently moved into my new home and installed my 6.1 surrond sound. I currenlty have the wires running up from the TV and across the ceiling to the back speakers as a temp fix. I am looking for input on an inexpensive way to hide the wires. The room does not have molding at the top of the walls, the ceiling is off white textured sheetrock. The floor is carpeted but still would have to run wire up walls. Thanks in advance for any input you provide.

Silver Member
Username: Cuylar

Burnsville, MN USA

Post Number: 172
crown molding can be inexpensive. you can paint it in an accent color.

Silver Member
Username: Cuylar

Burnsville, MN USA

Post Number: 173
crown molding can be inexpensive. you can paint it in an accent color.

toots
Unregistered guest
If you can get under your house, you can run the wires under the floor. It works great in my house.

Silver Member
Username: Diverhank

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 106
Check and see if there is room between the carpet and molding. I run all of my wires this way...it's amazing how many wires you can hide. Around the fireplace, I lifted the carpet, put the wires under then replace it. Carpet is held down by tiny sharp hooks normally. Even when by glue, you can do the same then reglue it.

Username: Untouchablecat

Post Number: 2
If you have an attic you can run the wires up the wall in to the attic . This will let you go anywhere in the room. A fishtape is all you need to run wire through wall or flooring. You can get a fishtape at any hareware store.

Reyz
Unregistered guest
Having the wire run through the walls is by far the cleanest and best option I think. If you can't do that, another way is to buy a product called CORDMATE at Home Depot in the electical section. It's a rigid plastic tubing with an adhesive back that fastens against the wall. It basically just gives the exposed wire a cleaner look.

They sell the stuff in 3 foot sections and in two colors - ivory and white. You connect the sections with elbows and couplers that they sell as well. From what I remember, it's like $10.00 for a kit that contains three (3 foot) sections and an assortment of connectors. You can also buy just one (3 foot) tubing for $5.00 and buy the connectors separately for like $2.00 each.

Some drawbacks are the adhesive backing makes it a one shot project and the tubing only comes in two colors. I guess you can always pant the tubing, though.

Hope this helps...

Bronze Member
Username: Gordo_in_ns

Post Number: 24
go to your hardware store, in the vinyle siding section. it may be called J channel. it is used for the top of the siding to hide the ends, it has a nail strip that will fit down into the top of your trim. get some cutters, you will either have to cut little strips out of the plastic to avoid the nails or remove the trim and re-nail it. if you need to run it up a wall use 2 pieces with th strips overlapping each other. you can cut the pieces to length. good luck.
o if you want you could also take the trim off and cut the bottom of your drywall , of course the wire must re-emerge so u would have drill holes in the trim.

Luciano
Unregistered guest
I've heard about flat wires too.
You can stick these wires to the wall and
then repaint.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us