Sharp Aquos & Denon 3806

Unregistered guest
Hi All,
I have a Sharp Aquos 37" with integrated L/R speakers. The inputs for these are RCA L/R connections.

I am planning on buying a Denon 3806 receiver that has 7 preouts (1 for each channel of a 7.1 surround system).

My question is, can I connect the L/R RCA preouts on the Denon directly to the L/R inputs on the Sharp??? I want to do this so I can use the tv's built in speakers as the L/R of my surround sound setup.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 519
I doubt seriously that they will match with any real speakers. It will be a waste of all that fine power coming out of the 3806.

Unregistered guest
Yeah I was a bit concerned about that. . . all stupidity on my part aside though, do you think it would work?

Silver Member

Post Number: 520
I don't think you will loose anything by trying it. In a HT surround your left and right are second only to the center channel (and in some mode the primary) in term of importance. So no I don't think it will be any good.

What do you have as your other speakers?

Unregistered guest
I have niles in ceiling speakers for SR and SL and some cheap sony bookshelves for the front 3 channels. I haven't decided what upgrade to for the front channels yet. Any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
I have niles in ceiling speakers for SR and SL and some cheap sony bookshelves for the front 3 channels. I haven't decided what upgrade to for the front channels yet. Any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
I have niles in ceiling for SR and SL and some cheap sony's for the front channels that I still need to upgrade. Any suggestions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 522
I think you will need to upgrade your front three speakers. Your rear's should be alright, especially since they are built in. You don't get a heck of a lot from them anyway, but a cheap sony set is not much of an alternative to the built in TV speakers.

Take a look at the these for on-line speakers and they all have 30 money back guarantee. Depending on how small a speaker set you go with you may also need a subwoofer. I don't know what your budget is, but all these three have b-stock/returned speakes that are 15-25% cheaper.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/products.html
look at their bookshelves

http://www.aperionaudio.com/products/product-overview.aspx?cat=5

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/

All these will give you a great deal for your money. You probably don't want to spend a lot, but it's a shame to let all that power in that fine receiver go to waste.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4433
emodica,

I highly recommend the Sonus Faber Cremona.

Do you have a budget? We can suggest all we want but without a budget, it is pointless. Speakers vary in prices.

Unregistered guest
Hey Guys,
First thanks you both so much for taking the time to answer my questions. I'm willing to spend up to 1K on the front channels.

Username: Htpro3324

Woodstock, IL USA

Post Number: 1
I would say for the fronts to maybe stop by your local Best Buy or Circuit City. Best Buy carries the Klipsch Synergy Line and Circuit carries some nice Polk Audio and for just a fornt L/R and center you will be able to get some high quality speakers for right around a grand.

Now where you trying to keep it small is the question. Looking at what you where trying to do by running ur left right out of a Sharp Aqous which probably runs 2 20 watt speakers with that receiver I thought maybe you where looking for small or out of the way sound. If you where I would consider some in-walls like the ones for your rear whcih can also be found at BB and CC.

Unregistered guest
Guys,

One more thing for you both to consider. . . I have some asthetic concerns about this setup as well. The tv is mounted about 9 in over the fireplace mantel. I would like to keep this as clean looking as possible. . . I'm all for buying good speakers but I don't want a gigantic center channel on the fireplace mantel if I can avoid it. What about installing an in-wall center in the gap between the tv and the mantel? This center channel would need to be < 14 in wide to fit in between the existing studs (including the housing!). Think there's something that would work?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4469
emodica,
If aesthetics are a big concern you may want to look at this set up:
http://www.definitivetech.com/loudspeakers/mythos/mythos_table.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 546
Emodica FYI installing an LCD TV above a fireplace my not be such a good idea, nor would I put the center channel anywhere near the fireplace.

For good looking speakers take a look at Monitor Audio.

Unregistered guest
Stof,

It's done, looks and works great. . .so no worries there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4497
Emodica,
What speaker set-up did you end up purchasing?

Unregistered guest
None yet Berny. Once I get my Denon 3806 (just placed order) I'm going to try driving the aquos integrated speakers as the center channel. The 3806 has line-level preouts so I can do this.
I don't know how it's gonna sound but aesthetics is of primary importance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us