Sony 50" Wega and......................

Username: Kleekl

Calgary, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 1
I am currently in the process of purchasing a home theater system. I have the sony 50" wega LCD (HDMI), but I am in a dilemna of what receiver package with speakers and subwoofer.I am looking at the:

Sony HT-DDW870

The DVD player will be SONY DVP-NS50PS (HDMI)

I am in no means looking to spend a crazy amount on a system but I wanna be able to have some sort of cinematic experience at home without being laughed at.

I am not sure if HDMI will be a necessary thing or if it will work with this system as the receiver doesn't have the capabilities for it. Does the HDMI go straight from the DVD Player to the Television then? or do i need to run it through the receiver with the rest of the components? I am quite content with the Sony brand. But any opinions will be openly taken into consideration for the components other than the TV which i'm in love with. This is my first real home theatre system and I want to make the right choice and not waste extra money on moving to the higher components while not needing too.

Calgary, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 2
A few things to add:
- I live in CANADA
Will be using with:

PS2 (4 hrs/wk)
DVD Movies (8 hrs/wk)
Connecting with PC (MUSIC)
SHAW Digital Cable (TV - 1-2 hrs / day)

Calgary, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 3
DVD Player is still pending but i meant to type SONY DVP-NS75H

Calgary, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 4
I'm going to bed haha getting tired

SONY DVP-NS70H!!!

Calgary, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 5
Well... After long consideration and some testing of systems @ Visions. I have decided to go with the Pioneer HTZ-940DV Theater in a box set. It looks great, sounds awesome (house of flying daggers blew me away) And I got an awesome price.

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 239
That's good to hear.

Hope you will have many years of enjoyment from your new system.

If you're still in the market for a new DVD player, however, check out this website:

www.oppodigital.com

- Reinhart
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us