Upgrading Bose Acoustimass 16 to 7.1

Username: Molmik0510

Gainesville, Florida/Alachua USA

Post Number: 1
I've bought an Onkyo TXNR801 receiver and an Bose Acoustimass 16 system. The reciever can do 7.1 however the Bose system only handles 6.1. How can I upgrade my system. Enough to buy an extra small cubic speaker and hook directly to the reciver bypassing the Bose system? There is an upgrade kit for Acoustimass 15 5.1 to 6.1. How dose it work. Anybody has any technical information on it. Please,
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Paul98

Post Number: 98
Return the bose acoustimass system but some different set of speakers. Bose is not good at all for the money you spend. Do you still need to go with very small speakers or bookshelf speakers fine?

Username: Seventh

Post Number: 6
Agree with you I am....
Better bring back your bose to its home.. Bose does sound very clear and bright at first.. after a while, you will feel something missing - apparently, if you happen to listen to many kinds of other brand speakers.. one thing I can tell ya is the center channel.. you have to tune the volume up for this channel in order for you to listen to the vocal.. well my friend, I would suggest you go to the any audio / video outlets, do some listening test on other speakers.. it will help you a lot..
sorry about the bose... :-(

Post Number: 2
Thanks for cheering me up guys. I know Bose is not the perfect system at all. For a short time however I have to stay with them and after I'm going to sell them. I hope I get still good price for them in Hungary. I use to have Mirage speakers, similar to OM9B 2-Way Speaker, those sound very nicely. Well some times up, some times down. By the way, I've got an information that Bose, this special one can not be upgraded to 7.1. However, there is no need for them: 1. because very few movies or other sound sources recorded in 6.1 or 7.1 surround mode.
2. The sound for the two back-lateral speakers in 7.1 is calculated and modified from the input sound of the two rear speakers of the 6.1 system. I hope I explained correctly.

Post Number: 3
Bose suggested to replace the center speaker with a VCS 10 and wire it directly to the reciver.
The Bose VCS-10® center channel speaker uses proprietary Bose technology to achieve superior performance in an elegantly slim design that fits easily with virtually any TV or entertainment center. (the last part is commercial bull's "product")However this can solve seventh prolem as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us