Center Channel used to work, now it's not. Completely baffled...????

Username: Katiem007

Post Number: 1
Hi all,

I have a Klipsch Center Channel that used to run fine on my Kenwood receiver. I moved, broke the setup down, set it back up in the new house, and now I can't get the center channel speaker to work in either analog or digital. Here's the kicker, the center channel tests fine ..so I know the speaker, wire, and receiver are all fine. I get sound in test mode, but get nothing otherwise. Here are some more details...

-The Center Channel Speaker (CCS) will not work with my TV sound, radio sound, or DVD sound.
-All Surround speakers and subwoofers work fine.
-I bought an optical wire to connect my cable box to my receiver, everything plays fine in Dolby except for the Center.
-I tried hooking up analog, but the CCS doesn't play in this case either.
-My receiver has the CCS light on signifying that it's putting sound out, but nothing is coming out.
-I can hear a low hum coming from the CCS, but no real sound. In other words, I hear the connection there but no sound is coming out.

Any idea to this madness? I broke it down and tried working with it last night for 3 hours and I got nowhere!

-Katie

Silver Member
Username: Cuylar

Burnsville, MN USA

Post Number: 133
I think it might have to do with the settings on the reciever. What's the model # so i can look at the manual to tell you how to adjust.
Some ideas.... (i'm baffled)
-Check what the center channel volume is set to.
-Are you using a DSP?
-Check the distance.
-did you try touching to cone while it is running to see if it moves?
-make sure the tv output is set to surround
-plug the left or right channel into it to test the speaker again
-double check positive to positive wire connection
-if you are using wire tips make sure they are secure
-is there a reset feature on the reciever? (factory default)

I hope this helps, sorry to hear you spent so much time on it katie.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us