Coaxial vs. Digital Connection ?

bccone
Unregistered guest
We recenlty got Digital Cable with the converter box that has a coaxial digital out on the back. My Sony reciever has one Optical Digital and one Coaxial Digital out. I've got a Sony DVD that has one of each also. My DVD manual shows me connecting both optical and coaxial outs to the back of the reciever not leaving me room for my cable converter box. My question is do I need both lines coming from the back of the DVD to the reciever or can I use just the optical and get the same sound quality? Or do I need both connections to properly decode? If I need both, then can I run a splitter on the recievers Coaxial Digital out and connect both the cable box coaxial digital out and the DVD player coaxial digital out? Thank you for you help. This is all too confusing for a noob!

Username: Ws6mike

Pennsylvania

Post Number: 2
You can use the digital coaxial cable from the cable box to receiver and then use the fiber optic from the dvd. you do not need to use both the fiber optic and the digital coax from one component...its one or the other. they both essentially do the same thing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us