Pc to Tv Help...buying guide for a noobie

Username: Murphio

Post Number: 1
Hi guys. Im buying 42 inch plasma primarily to connect to my pc as a media centre. I have a radeon x700 graphics card which is armed with a hdcp enabled dvi out connection.
I have seen people use the VGA connection but it would seem a shame to bypass a DVI or HDMI connection if it is better quality.
But Id happily settle for vga connection if it can display what I want in good quality, ie dix films, games, web browser etc.
So my question is, what connections and features do I need to look for in a new television to connect to my graphics card for the best possible picture and ease of set up? My current rear projection tele is set up at 800x600(through an svideo tvout connection) which is okay for films but rubbish for surfing and emails.
Basically, I want to get as close to the settings I have on my computer monitor as possible (1024x768) with a refresh rate of 85hz. What television and features should I be looking at to achieve this?
Also, I have seen it mentioned in a computer magazine that a hdmi connection should be hdcp enabled. Is this standard? What difference will this make to the picture and compatibility.
And does the hdmi connection take care of audio, or will I need to run a seperate splitter from my sound card.
Phew! Thaanks for any advise and help, sorry about all the questions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us