Receiver Dilemma

Username: Cidgrad

Pomaria, SC USA

Post Number: 1
My home theater setup is as follows:
16x14 living room (may one day migrate to my 24x15 FROG)
50" Sony LCD projection TV (KDFE-A50)
JBL S-Center II Center Channel
JBL N26II Surrounds (2 front and rear)
JBL PB12 Subwoofer
Now all I need is a receiver. I have done extensive research but would like a little advice from anyone with practical experience. I am currently looking at a Yamaha HTR 5990 ($999 w/ $200 gift card), Denon 3806 ($1150), and an Onkyo TX SR803 ($800). Any ideas as to quality differences, value vs. performance, or any other experiences would be greatly appreciated. I have been piecing this system together for three years so my patience has finally worn out.

Username: Head_shot

Visalia, CA

Post Number: 4
What will be your signal sources- for viewing or listening?

The connection of the SONY , does it have HDMI, DVI ?

Username: Cidgrad

Pomaria, SC USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the reply.
The TV has an HDMI input; I plan on buying a DVD player with an HDMI output and I have a HD Sat Receiver with HDMI. Also have a VCR (though not a lot of use for it). Probably add an XBox somewhere along the line.

Silver Member
Username: Cuylar

Burnsville, MN USA

Post Number: 135
I have the 5990 and I love it.

Username: Ns158

New Haven , Ct Usa

Post Number: 10
I was in the same situation about a month ago. I narrowed it down to the Denon 3805 and the Yamaha rx-v2500. Then the Denon 3806 came out. A friend of mine bought the 3806. It is an awesome receiver, it sounds great but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $$. I ended up buying the yamaha 2500 and I'm 100% happy w/ it. It was about half the price, it dosen't have hdmi inputs but is 130w per channel compaired to the denon's 120w. The set up was much easier w/ the yamaha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us