Looking for a $100 HTIB. Suggestions?

RobVT619
Unregistered guest
I am looking to buy a HTIB system for my bedroom. I want to pay around $100. I realize I am not going to get a lot for this I just want something in my room for my TV and Xbox. I dont want awesome Bose but I also dont want something that is going to crap out in 1 month. I want to get a better system for my living room later on. Any suggestions would be great.

nevermorh
Unregistered guest
bought a insignia from best buy for the kids room works good.

RobVT619
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the response. Any others?

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 130
Save up until you have about $300 and purchase an HTIB from a name brand.

There are decent systems available around that price range that will perform more than adequately for your needs and should last you long enough to make the buy worthwhile.

One place to check out is Wal-Mart, believe it or not, as they do have a Sony HTIB with a receiver having DTS and Dolby Digital decoding and a set of digital inputs for your X-Box (provided that you have the advanced A/V pack or the HD pack to allow a digital connection from the X-Box to the receiver). The package also comes with sattelite surround speakers, a center channel, two slim and tall front speakers, and an active subwoofer. The retail price, last I checked, was $248. However, this appears to be available only at stores as they don't list this package online. This system may be a good starting point and should perform admirably for a bedroom setup. - Reinhart

Anonymous

Here are the HTiBs that are available for under $100

Anonymous

Mr. Reinhart,

would you know what's the model number for the Sony HTiB you suggested?

Any info would be appreciated.

-José
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us