Simulated surround sound help

Username: Hayhamm

Post Number: 7
I have a small apartment (which I will use part time and other times will be a vacation rental) in which I want to get the best surround sound with the fewest elements.

The Bose 1-2-3 system is the standard in terms of simplicity and size (but we all know Bose sucks--or so I've read repeatedly on ecoustics forum.)

Is there any way I can approximate such simplicity with other brands? I'm thinking of maybe a lower end Denon 6.1 receiver, a separate DVD player, and two Mirage Omnisat speakers.

A salesman at an audio store said that I could hook up just two Omnisats to a 6.1 receiver and get a simulated surround experience, but I'm not sure that's true. Can someone offer advice?

I need to keep this under a grand. And I am "not allowed" (you guys know what I'm saying here) to have 6 speakers. I might be able to negotiate for a subwoofer, LOL.

Thanks for all your help...

Bronze Member
Username: Diverhank

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 98
For under a grand, you should be able to have pretty decent system. You might want to get a HTIB if the system can be used by your renters. Your choice of a low end Denon is good...should also check out the Yamaha. For "small", you should check out the Hsu Research Ventriloquist speakers
http://www.hsustore.com/vt12.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us