Creating a nice home theatre system

Username: Colinw

Post Number: 1
New member here and I am looking for some help on putting together a nice theatre for my home. I really do no know much about any new products out there but what I do know is I want something that will give me the BEST audio for my movies as well as music. I am starting from scratch so I need a good dvd player, receiver and television. With the TV i want to have the best display i can for my budget. I want to be around 5K if possible for everything. I do play a lot of playstation and I did hear that flat screen plasma are not good for video games cause and image can "burn" on the screen. So hopefully some of you can help in putting together the best with the right products and cables to ensure the best image and sound quality possible. And one more thing, i want to be able to connect my mac to my whole system.

Thanks
Colin

Bronze Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 18
Colin,

There is a lot to consider and although $5000 sound like a lot of money, you can eat it up quickly if you do not plan ahead.

What size room do you have and does it have a lot of windows and door openings?

Are you going to put everything on a remote?

Where are all the components going to be placed?

Do you want to future proof your system by running all the cabling you may need for now and the near future?

Will you need curtains for light control and sound attenutation solutions for your room?

Is furniture in this budget?

I tend to suggest that people place a larger part of their budget for the speakers. Speakers last a long time and will be with you long after the tv and the receiver are replaced so keep this in mind when allocating resources.

Consider front projection for the largest picture\$.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us