Uh-oh! How badly did I mess up?

Username: Kfan

Post Number: 1
I've read a lot (too late) on this board about the brightness of Klipsch speakers (which I was aware of) and how bad it is to match them up with a Yamaha (which I was not aware of).

I've got a Yamaha RX-Z9 on order and can't change that. Does anyone know if their "Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer" will tone down the brightness, or did I just waste a lot of money getting together nine Klipsch speakers and buying the Yamaha? I already had four of the Klipsch speaakers and really like the way they sound with my older Onkyo receiver.

The speakers are Forte II (fronts), Academy (center), KG2 (four for rears), and KG .5 (effects). Also have a M&K VX-7 sub.

The room is about 22x30. I'm about evenly split between movies and music.

Any advice, short of selling the Yamaha, would be appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 526
George:

Relax. While it is true that Yamaha receivers, especially the lower end models have a problem with brightness, that is not true with your RX-Z9. The Z9 is their flagship receiver, as big as a battleship, and they spared no expense inside making it worthy of a flagship model. The sound is very smooth and refined, with a warmth not found in any other Yamaha receiver. It is as good or better than any other receiver out there, and it should be good for the amount of money they charge for it. So don't worry about it because the Z9 has a different sound from the rest of the line--it actually sounds more like a Marantz than a Yamaha, IMO. I think you will like the results.

Enjoy!

Username: Kfan

Post Number: 2
Hawk,

Thank you very much for your response. That is exactly what I hoped would be the situation. Now I can relax while I keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks again!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us