DVD/VCR Recording

This is most certainly not going to open a debate as I have a very naive beginners' question to ask. I've just bought a Kenwood DVF-3060 player (my first foray into DVD)and connected it to my Toshiba NICAM stereo VCR. This refuses to record (well) any DVD disc I play on the Kenwood. Also, if I connect the Kenwood to the TV via the Toshiba, again the results are lousy. Only when connected directly to the TV via a scart cable does the Kenwood give (very good) results.
Perhaps this is normal and you're not supposed to be able to copy DVD's to videotape. Or am I missing something? Many thanks.

macrofd
welcome to Macrovision

you are experiencing copyright protection integrated into the video signal of the DVD player, VCR or both.

Thanks, "macrofd. Now, can I do anything about it? Is the copyright protection in the player(s) or on the disc, or both?

macrofd
I believe it's on the disc and the player recongizes then distorts the signal.

You can buy devices that remove the macrovision protection (usually around $30-50). You can also try to modify the BIOS of your DVD player (not recommended). Some of the lower end DVD players allow you to do this .. not sure about your Kenwood.

Just do a search on the Web "get rid of macrovision" .. you'll find stuff

good luck!

I am trying to find a durable and reliable dvd recorder, I was thinking about the panasonic
dmr 30. I'd take any advise. thinks, Byron

I am trying to find a durable and reliable dvd recorder, I was thinking about the panasonic
dmr 30. I'd take any advise. thanks, Byron

Ella
To fix your macrovision problem you can use
following link
http://www.dimax.com.ua/English/dvd_recorder.htm
Now as for Panasonic DMR E30, they have already
new version DMR E80, this one has bigger hard disk.
Regards.

Adam
If you have a PC with 20G hard drive and runs at least 500Mhz pop in a DVD drive now about 50$US
rip DVD to VCD and this removes macrovision,

I know, probably too much hassle but an idea if you already have good PC

Is it possible to transfer a DVD to VHS?

Niw
Unregistered guest
Yes.
Look at
www.dimax.com.ua

Kathie Hyatt
Unregistered guest
Thanks a lot.
Grate thing. Works as promissed.
I use DVD Red PRO version
http://www.dimax.com.ua/English/dvd_recorder.htm
This is "must" thing for DVD Recorder users

disgruntled
Unregistered guest
what about copying from dvd 2 dvd, i bought a panasonic dmr-e30 because i was tired of re-buying dvds that get all scratched up. i just want to make back-ups that can go bad and be replaced by another back-up... i thought that was the whole idea for having a darn dvd-recorder, so you wouldn't ruin your dvd you watch all the time, just your back-up. these people should think about these things instead of worrying about people ripping them off. people are always going to rip off other people for stupid things like this and the copy write protections just cause more problems than they are worth..

pops
Unregistered guest
DVD XCopy Gold allows you to make high-quality copies of your favorite DVD movies! You need to have a DVD burner in your computer for this to work. I have small children that wreck havoc onto the disks, this has saved me a lot of money.

http://www.dvdxcopy.com/

Unregistered guest
Trying to find a dvd/vcr that is reliable and reasonably priced. Which brand(s) do you think is (are) the best? Bought a sony, but returned it after finding out that the dvd part does not work right. Anyway, it's for a rental unit, so it doesn't have to be the best, just dependable.

Bronze Member
Username: Tonytiger

PA US

Post Number: 50
The quality on the VHS tape will no be equal to the DVD. Most DVDs do about 480 lines of resolution. Typical VCR is really about 240 lines of resolution.
Macrovision plants a signal on the "front porch" of the video signal. This area is otherwise reserved for second audio programming. It causes bursts of white and other color variations. It is probably illegal to remove copy protection.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us