Oh, I knew it was a scam

Username: Tuxedo

Post Number: 1
Well, this is my first post here. I know didly about all this. I'm a smart guy though, and even if I'm only 20 years old I'm already cynical. :-) I don't trust a lot of people, but this bozo sold me a THEATRE RESEARACH Home Theatre system today. I didn a little searching for THEATRE RESEARCH and it is apparaently a scam according to this board. And I knew it had to be.

They got me on the road, and I said no thanks through the window. Then they FOLLOWED ME to Best Buy where I was going to buy a DVD. They bagdered me (and you could say pressured, cuz the guy was rather tall) into buying this garbage.

Why did I do it? I don't know. I wish I knew where they were now, though. :-) Anyway, anyone know the quality of it? I payed 194 dollars (I could have paid MUCH more, and he "wanted" like 800). I feel like a moron and am rather poed!

So, what say you? :-)

Ah well, I hope they crash on their way back to "Florida". :-)

Post Number: 2
Okay, now for a more level-headed post. Basically, I wanted to know to what extent I got ripped off.

It's the TR-8200

Bronze Member
Username: Monolgoue

Post Number: 28
I think you know the answer already. There's a whole thread about these guys: https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/388.html. The good news is that you paid on the low end of what people have paid for these speakers. Set them up and decide for yourself if they were worth it. $194 is not that much to pay for speakers, so maybe they won't disappoint you as much as you think. They aren't going to perform like $800 speakers, but maybe they will perform like $200 speakers. If you bought them in wholesale quantities, the speakers are probably $30-$50 set, and that's why these guys will take virtually anything for them.

Post Number: 3
Okay, sorry for not using the search function. I'm new here. Thanks.:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Monolgoue

Post Number: 29
how do they sound??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us