Kenwood Surround Sound help?!

Username: Spetznaz24

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, I bought a Kenwood 6.1 HTIB. I think its a pretty good system for the price. I have connected all the speakers and components. However I have a problem, whenever I play my dvd's it just doesnt feel like surround sound. I have it connected via a optical toslink cable. 5.1 Dolby is enabled and the logo appears on the reciever meaning that its recieving the singal. However the 3 rear satellites just arent loud enough. It feels like sound is only coming from the front 3 speakers and the sub. Sometimes it feels like the rears arent on, however they produce sound but to hear it , i need to stand right near and put my ear near them. My reciever has a setting to test all the speakers and everything tests fine. Bitstream 5.1 dolby is enabled on my dvd player. Is there any way to balance the sound, so it would feel like genuine 5.1 Here is the link to my HTIB http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2131202&source=WM:HE_067:A :051027051123:1:V1

Also I would like any input on this system, is it a solid home theater considering the price?

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 437
Sergey in order to get true 5.1 you need to have the stuff recorded in 5.1. Get a copy of the Eagles Farewell tour from Melbourne, and you will experience true 5.1

Now of course I am not ruling out some technical problems, but if the sound check comes out of all speakers don't expect any old CD to produce 5.1 sound.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us