New TV + Home Theater Help

Help in Ohio
Unregistered guest
I just bought a standard 35" TV. It has 2 av outlets , a S video and standard cable plug. Question is How do I hook up my home theater system to my TV while having sound through my TV? It doesn't have audio outlets hooked into the tv. My old tv did though. I normally don't have this type of problem, but this has me bugged. Would I need to buy a rf mod or something? Sorry to ask this question even though you guys get it enough. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 424
Why would you want the sound coming out of yout TV?

Help in Ohio
Unregistered guest
I want the sound come out of the tv with the sound from my home theater too.

Bronze Member
Username: Cuylar

MN USA

Post Number: 15
Ok lemme know if i am understanding you... It sounds like you have cable or OTA tv and no box. Best you can do is sterio and you will have to take the cables from the tv out to the reciever. you cannot go directly to the speakers. Is that what you were wondering?

Help in Ohio
Unregistered guest
I made the question more hard to understand. Sorry, was drunk. okay, Say I'm watching TV, how do I get the sound to come from both the tv and home theater?

Bronze Member

MN USA

Post Number: 16
Not all TVs can. Most will shut off the speakers on them when you use the output plugs on back.

Help in Ohio
Unregistered guest
Thought so. Well, would it work if I had this thing?
http://nservices.com/PH-61155.jpg
Or a system selector?

Anonymous

I have a Sony Trinitron and RCA RTD 120 home theatre using the basic 2 cable audio cables and single video cable. I have tried every possible conncetion including the suggested way in the manuals and am unable to get any menu's or "equalizer" (which is the first set-up) and it does not even appear that the home theatre system is connceted to the TV...what am I doing wrong??

Seems pretty simple but I cannot get anything other than normal cable TV.

Any suggestions??

Bronze Member

MN USA

Post Number: 19
Maybe. Try it. It looks like it should to me. What is the effect you are after?

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 428
Help in Ohio, this is not going to work very well, trust me. It's hard enough getting regular size speakers of different makes to match in an HT environment, but getting tiny TV speakers, with a different volume set, to match with external speakers will do nothing for you.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us