Used Home Theater Equipment

Username: Gticehockey2000

Post Number: 1
I have a home theater system that was close to 3,000 for the speakers. They arent even a year old. Im going to college and can't take them with me. Does anyone know where would be a good place to sell them? Im not really trying to ship them, I was hoping for more of a come to the house check it out and buy them if you wanted type

Bronze Member
Username: Em69

OttawaCanada

Post Number: 52
Your local paper
Your local used forsale website
Your local forsale newsgroups
Flyers posted in your local stores
A sign on your front lawn

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 401
George if ebay doesn't work for you, try your local Craigslist.com. It is based on location and depending on where you are you may get some bites and people will come to see it and not have to worry about shipping and returns and all that other ebay problems.

What do you have anyway?

Username: Gticehockey2000

Post Number: 2
I believe it is a alpha ps1200 sub, alpha 50 towers, alpha 37c center, and primus 150 for the back surround. All black and the brand is all Infiniti. How much do you think i should ask for them if i do ebay or something?

Bronze Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 19
It is recommended that, if you post on eBay, that you start it off at one dollar with no reserve and let the bidders bid.

What will help in an eBay auction is being highly descriptive with what you have. Inform the bidders of the speakers' condition, specs, features, the benefits, and their retail worth. Provide plenty of descriptive photographs that will show the bidders the highlights of what you have to offer. And, it helps to put all this information together in a structured and easy-to-read way. But, be honest with what you are describing and understand that some people might not place bids because shipping will be high for your complete suite of speakers, and it will add up to the final price when the bidding is over unless you want to foot the shipping and handling bill yourself.

Another option would be to ask your relatives if they could keep your speakers for storage. Save your investment for later so that when you leave college, you can start using them again. - Reinhart
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us