Need help with dvd surround sound

Unregistered guest
i currently have a rca dvd player with surround sound.. everything was working fine until i got the cable guy to come in and setup my cable.. i am able to play cd's but cant play any dvd's.. as soon as i turn it on to dvd the general setup screen istn still.. (trying to explain this the best i can)it just keeps on "rolling" so that the screen isnt still.. i tried putting in a dvd and it does the same thing.. picutre just keeps on rolling.. im not sure if the cable guy unplugged something or if there is a problem with the dvd player.. i would appreciate any sugestions you may have.. plese send me an email at annmustang7@aol.com

Bronze Member
Username: Turbodog

Post Number: 41
All I can suggest is that you check all the cable connections between the DVD and the TV. Most likely, the cable guy knocked something loose.

Bronze Member
Username: Diverhank

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 89
Ann, the only thing I can think of is that the video cable is a little loose. Try pushing it in tighter. Also, for those cables that are not connected, try making sure they are not touching anything metal as they might act as an RF transmitter.

Unregistered guest
Is there anywhere I can find instructions on hooking up an RCA RTD120CDVD/CD player with surround sound? I can do the speakers I just don't know where to put the wires that go to my TV there are many spots. A picture/diagram would be so helpful.

Bronze Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 14
It sounds like your tv will not accept a progressive signal and that is what your dvd player is sending to the display. Try changing the setting in the dvd setup first or look for a switch on the dvd player for interlaced\progressive signal.

DanRO
Unregistered guest
I have a Panasonic SA-HT650 DVD surround sound. DVDs start out in color but then switch to a b/w sort of green tint. Any ideas on how to fix? If not, can I buy just the S/S DVD player and use my current speakers? If so, where? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 234
"I have a Panasonic SA-HT650 DVD surround sound. DVDs start out in color but then switch to a b/w sort of green tint. Any ideas on how to fix? If not, can I buy just the S/S DVD player and use my current speakers? If so, where? Thanks."

Check and reseat all the video connections from the DVD player to the display.

Sometimes, a loose or dirty connection with component or s-video connections can yield all sorts of strange video problems. - Reinhart

Unregistered guest
I have a Panasonic SA-HT650 and the DVD tray has stopped coming out all the way and won't play at all. It keeps flashing Error. I have had nothing but problems with this model. Any ideas on how to get it back to somewhat working order?

s9995d
Unregistered guest
I have a Panasonic 800 watt DVD 5.1 surround - i get great sound when playing movies but no surround when watching tv any ideas on how to correct this?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us