Problem playing disc

ron6871
Unregistered guest
Hi,
I have a Shinco DVA home theater system (model: DVA-2610). For the past year, I only use it to play music CD and VCD. Until recently, I used it to watch some DVD movies. Here comes my problem.

After the movies, I found that I couldn't play CD and VCD anymore (always can't read disc). After 'don't know what I did', it works again.

Yesterday, I again watched DVD movie, and after that I discover that I CAN play CD and VCD .... BUT CANNOT play DVD anymore.

The manual doesn't help at all and there is no option to select the type of disc to play.

Would really appreciate it if someone can advise me what is wrong or is there a setting I can do to avoid the above two problems from repeating.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6369

More than likely the unit needs repair. The laser is not switching back to read the larger CD tracks, which could indicate a problem in the laser system, the transport or a smaller sub system related to these two. There is nothing in the set up manual that will solve this problem.

ron6871
Unregistered guest
Hi Jan,

Thanks for your advise. Guess I will have to get it repaired or by "don't know what I did" .... manage to get it working again (if lady luck is shining at me).

Again, thanks for your help. Appreciate it.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us