Ready to fork out the $$ for Home Theater, Looking for your two cents...

Chris Rob
Unregistered guest
I am ready to purchase all the components of a home theater. Let me start by saying my budget is $5,000 (might be willing to push it to $6,000). What I would like is as follows:

1. HDTV (between 42 - 55 inches) Plasma, LCD, DLP open to all options.
HDTV Integrated vs HDTV Ready - Which should I go for?
2. High quality DVD player
3. High quality A/V Receiver
4. 7.1 or at minimum 6.1 channel surround sound speaker package. Want these
to be mounted in ceiling as I do not want any wires showing nor do I want
speakers mounted on the wall.
5. Device for clean power (ie. Monster Power's Reference Power Center)
6. Universal remote
7. Monster cables
8. Will use for viewing video as well as listening to music.
9. Any other goodies I may have left out.

I just received my full wall home entertainment center which will house up to a 60" HDTV so I really need to fill that baby up! The room is quite big measuring about 16' by 15'.

What would you suggest I purchase if I walked into the store with this list of wants and my budget constraint :-) ?

Bronze Member
Username: Paul98

Post Number: 72
First off don't waist your money on monster cables, as long as you get an ok cable. You can not notice any difference and anyone who says they can is lying. There are lots of ways to go with these different things. You might want to check out the forums for each of the different item. Also is the room light controled? If so you should look at front projectors, then you can get a much larger screen like 92" or more. It will feel much more like a home theater with that. Plus there are some quite good quality projectors in the low $2000 range. Or if you want even better quality you can spend more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us