IR Repeater work?

Username: Spoonerman

New York, NY United States

Post Number: 7
Hey Guys -

Don't know if this is even in the right section.

I want to buy a piece of furniture that will sit below a hung plasma and hold all the components (NAD receiver, dvd player, plasma box, cable box, etc.). The piece will have doors made of wood that i want closed all of the time. The furn will be vented out the back.

I want to be able to keep all the componets hidden and all the doors of the cabinet closed, even when the tv, etc. is in use.

I spoke to a guy at harvey electronics in nyc and he said that can happen if we install and IR repeater. He said it relays infrared signals into the components.

Anyone have an experience with one of these?
Do they work great? I'm buying an expensive piece of furn and don't want it not to work.
Which one(s) are best? Least intrusive/noticeable?

Thanks in advance. Any help greatly appreciated.

Scott

Bronze Member
Username: Acutemi

Post Number: 14
I am using the NuVo IR system. It was an easy install and works perfect! Not to expensive either. I used CAT5 cable for the IR receiver and you can hook up as many transmitters as you need. I currently am running 6 transmitters and have room for two more. The IR receiver is about 24.5 feet from the transmitter splitter, no problems with that distance for me. If you have questions or need more info email me.

Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 6
You can also couple your existing remote with an RF transmiter so you do not have to have line of sight to control your components.

I use the Next Generation RF from anywhere in the house or the property, for that matter.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us