Monitor Audio Silver with Parasound??

Bronze Member
Username: Tchartrey

Post Number: 18
I want to start upgrading to seperates and have my eye on the Parasoud HALO C1 and the A51 amp. My question is I currently have MA's S6 for fronts S1 for rear and the silver center, currently being pushed by a Denon 3805, is the 250 wpc that the A51 puts out too much for the Silvers to handle. Should I upgrade my speakers first or will they be able to perform for a while for me to save for better speakers? S6 rated at 120wpc and the others I believe at 80 wpc. Currently I have the fronts bi-amped with the two extra channels from the 3805 and they seem to be holding up fine. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Any speaker recommendations to go with the HALO for around 3-4k for a 5.1 setup?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6317

Speakers are almost always damaged by too little power and not too much power. As the quality of the components gets better, the ability of the amplifier to control the speaker and generate less distortion almost always allows higher power levels to work well with smaller speakers. Notice I did not say "volume levels". Power and volume are two separate items.

The same rules apply no matter what power amp you use, however; when you hear distortion, turn down the volume.

As to which speakers will best suit the Halo products, I can't really make a recommendation since it is your taste that will decide. Listen to the Halo gear and get a sense for its personality. My feeling is you get better performance by playing up the strengths of each piece of equipment rather than using one piece as a BandAid for another.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us