Setting up Mitsubishi Netcommand

Username: Spiff28088

Post Number: 1
Could use some advice from anyone who has configured Mitsubishi's Netcommand to work with an "Other" A/V Receiver.

I don't expect Netcommand to take over everything, but for basic viewing and source control options it would be nice to limit the need to drag out a plethora of remote controls.

I have an NAD T762 that is of course not known to my brand new 55813 Diamond set. I read through the instructions and watched the online simulations, and went forth only to find things really screwed up.

At present I have my DVD player running component to the NAD, and then from there to the Diamond. As the Diamond has multiple sets of component IN, I will run the video directly and only pass the audio through the NAD.

However, at present the NAD is delivering to the Diamond 1 set of component lines to Component 1, 1 S-video cable and L/R audio as monitor out to Input 1, and receiving back one set of L/R from Audio Video 1.

I ran the Netcommand setup to establish both the NAD and my DVD player before adding in the other toys as well. I found that it was very hard and somewhat intermittent in getting the Diamond to recognize the "other" remote during the learn session, but eventually got through it.

What I ended up with though was quite unexpected.
1. The Diamond wanted to force the DVD player onto the Input 1, not the Component 1.
2. The Diamond also deactivated it's speakers and grayed out the option for them in the menu.
3. The Diamond never provided me an onscreen menu for the NAD, though it did respond to commands.
4. The Diamond would popup a message that I should reset the remote to Netcommand options, or something like that -- is that telling me to re-enter the 935 code on the remote?
5. Clearing memory was quite a pain -- after deleting the NAD and DVD I still had no control over the Diamond speakers so I had to add a dummy device and then select the option to wipe out all settings, something I could not do without the dummy entry.

Before I run through it all again, I thought I would ask if any of you out there had tips or suggestions to offer.

Also -- is there a way to get the Diamond to tell you what channel it is going to rather than having a blank screen until it gets there?

Cheers -

notorious av guy
Unregistered guest
1. False, net command allows you to select any unused input for your DVD, ie comp 1, 2...

2. make sure that you checked the audio box for TV audio hookup

3. the onscreen guide for most receivers come out of the composite or/and s video

4. setting it the remote to net-command just once or twice, hehehe, should suffice

5. ??? deleting the entire conifguration shouldn't be a problem

Also-...assuming your using the internal HD tuner, hit the guide button and you'll so what channels you receive and you can select as you wish

I'll admit that net command can seem mysterioso, and it can be next to impossible for people who lack av programming experience...but a diamond w/ netcommand is able to do basic ir functions with "other" surround receivers or any device
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us