In-wall/In-ceiling speaker recomendations??

Username: Doritobreath

Post Number: 3
I'm looking for any recommendations for in-wall/in-ceiling speakers. I need 2 in-wall for rear surrounds and 2 in-ceiling for general stereo use. I have low end home theater in a box (Yamaha yht-300) which includes the HTR-5540 receiver. Only 75 watts per channel so I'm not looking for anything too fancy, but I also might upgrade receivers eventually. I don't want to really spend more than $150/pr for either. Any recommendations?

Username: Doritobreath

Post Number: 4

Username: Dieseljuicer

Post Number: 1
I LOVE the white van speaker guys! Today in Tampa, FL my fiance and I were walking into the Guitar Center to buy a drum kit. A white Ford Explorer pulled up beside us and pitched me with the typical DR speaker sale...I knew from the beginning that whatever this guy had wasn't worth my cash but I had to see what garbage he was pushing. Besides, I only buy stuff off a truck when my friends steal it. Anyways, the guy is trying to fill me with B.S. and I notice the fake Rolex on his arm. I wanted to call him out on it and let him touch my white-faced Daytona that I was wearing but I let him go. After looking at the lovely merchandise I told him I didn't need it b/c I have plenty of high-end audio in my house and theater room. Of course his response was "I figured you had a theater at your house." If he figured that, why would he waste his time trying to push this low-end stuff on me? Being the curious guy I am, I pulled out my Treo 650 phone and did a google search on the speakers. I called him out on the sales pitch and asked him how his story was the exact same as other people claiming to be 'scammed' throughout the country. Damn, it was like a recording how good this guy was. I almost offered him a job with one of my companies!

Seriously though as other people on this thread explained you aren't getting scammed 100% (you are buying a product, it's just a sub-par one) - these are people out to make a living just like everyone else. Whether or not they are ethical is up to individuals to decide. It's just like buying anything else, do your research and if a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4148
What do the speaker van guys have to do with Dorito Breath's request for recommendations?

Username: Dieseljuicer

Post Number: 3
Thank you Berny for pointing out the obvious on my post - it was posted elsewhere on the site! Also I'm sure Dorito Breath appreciated your recommendation to the question.

Anyways, I have my house wired for intercom/music and I chose Klipsch speakers for my in-wall/ceiling applications. As you know in-wall speakers can get expensive really fast! In your price range, you could purchase the RCW-5 or SCW speakers. These are still out there, even though they are last years models but they are almost identical to the new ones.

I just ran a search on ebay for new, non refurbished RCWs and SCWs...they range from $124-$199. Something to consider.

AT
Unregistered guest
How about trying Pyle PDIC60 or PDIC80. Great value for money. Alternative JBL Sp6C.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4162
Dorito Breath,
Unfortunately, for that kind of budget, you really have not much in options. The older Klipsch that was suggested will work but do not expect much as inwall speakers tend to produce inaccurate sound as the wall material affects its sonic properties.

If you can swing it, check these out.

http://www.audioholics.com/news/pressreleases/AxiomAudioArchitecturalspeakers.ph p

Bronze Member
Username: Dmuse

Post Number: 14
I was following the trail here. What about Center channel?

Does anyone know how of a good in wall center? I need an in wall center that has the R and L to match. Centers are so hard to find...in wall.

by the by...the van story is pretty funny. i have bought speaks from a van and they were pretty good for the money i paid. I knew what i was getting. looked good too. some off brand. the guy selling was such a tool. He put the speaks in my car and followed me to the ATM. Trustworthy face i guess.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us