Comcast Cable Box Throwing Me Off My Set-Up, Please Help!!

Username: Victory1

Post Number: 1
I have a Motorola Digital cable box from Comcast
(it has 2 jacks, both are INPUT - RF IN and CABLE IN, 2 RCA's with 1 video)

Other components that I have:
1) Hitachi TV - 57G500
(Rear Input Connectors S-Video x 2 • Component x 2 • Composite x 2 • DVI x 1 • Audio (RCA) x 4 • RF x 2 )
(Rear Output Connectors S-Video x 1 • Composite x 1 • Audio (RCA) x 2 • RF x 1 )

2) Toshiba Tivo RS-TX20

3) Sony RDR-GX300 DVR Recorder

4) Sony VCR

I want to be able to watch another station while Tivo, DVD recorder or VCR is taping. I have most of it working except, my sony DVD recorder plays DVD fine but record nothing when I press record or set timer. Also only Tivo is able to change the cable box channels and get a picture, all the other component are able to change the channel but it will only show channel 3 (the channel the TV is set-up on).

My connection is Wall Coaxial to 3 way Splitter using coaxial to connect(TV AntA, VCR, Cable Box-Cable IN)
I have cable box RCA + Video going to Tivo
Tivo RCA + video going to TV INPUT 4
VCR RCA + video going to TV INPUT 3
Sony DVD connect to component video and audio going to TV INPUT 1 (I'm using this because not only does it have Green, Blue, Red Input Jacks but it also has the Red & white Audio for a total of 5).
INPUT 2 also have all 5 and INPUT 3 to 5 all has RCA's , videos, and S-videos

Please help me with my set-up.

Post Number: 2
Upload

I basically need this set-up without the receiver. How do I modify it? And of course the Motorola Digital cable box is driving me crazy because the RF Coaxials are both RF IN & CABLE IN.

Post Number: 3
I found another one without the receiver but the DVD is missing. If it's easier, just tell me how to add the DVD Recorder.

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us