Xbox 360

Username: Shane_meister

London

Post Number: 5
Will it be possible to hook it up to my 5.1 surround sound system even though i dont have a optical input outlet on it?

The cables that my surround sound system uses are the ones that are red and white one one side and have jacks on the other similar to the ones you would find on your headphones...

Bronze Member
Username: Diverhank

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 63
You can only get simulated surround sound, not true 5.1

London

Post Number: 6
simulated... as in??? not as loud/realistic... I have it hooked up to my dvd player and it sounds pretty good to me.. will it be the same on 360 with the audio cabels as on my dvd player cuz I am pretty happy with it

also am i going to have to buy some sort of special cords like an extension so its compatable with my systems microphone jacks? (This is the most frustrating part for me)

Bronze Member
Username: Diverhank

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 64
I didn't say it sounds bad. It simply means that via the red/white RCA pair, you have a stereo (2 channel source) signal, not 5.1 discrete digital input (via optical or digital coax). The receiver will decode this stereo source and outputs it in 5.1 (hence "simulated"). It's usually pretty good but not as good as the true 5.1.

London Ont Canada

Post Number: 7
my reciever has input for the headphone like jacks though not the standard sized audio jacks. is their some sort of extension cable for this situation seeing as you cant just plug standard audio cables into my reciever...

London Ont Canada

Post Number: 8
like i said before they are red and white on one side and head phone jack on other and my situation is i need to be able to hook it up with an xbox 30 when it comes out... thx

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
To help clarify your question.

What equipment do you have? - Reinhart

digiguru
Unregistered guest
I found this and thought it might help, it offers an optical attachment for your xbox 360 and a load of extra attachments like s-video and composite video.

Joytech XBox 360 Digital AV Component Cable at Play.com

I have no idea why micrsoft havn't made their own optical cabel, which causes me to be a little suspicious of it. If someone purchases it, let me know!

Username: Sturge_01

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida USA

Post Number: 10
Hey, have a look at http://www.salehooo.com if you are looking for some top wholesalers for these! Its worth a look if your serious about getting some in!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6047
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us