Bose Mediamate Speaker wires...

Username: Dr_zoidberg

Post Number: 1
Howdy ya'll!

Ive got a pair of Bose Mediamate desktop speakers, which can be seen here, (http://www.smarthome.com/9724mm.html) and I've decided that I'd like to put them a bit farther apart, as they do sound much better with some distance between them, problem being that they connected by embedded speaker wires that connect to each other using a mini plug. I'd like to ask the heros of audio out there for their thoughts on the best way to cut/splice/lengthen these speakers without losing any of the clarity of the audio or overall fatness of beats. I dont want to change the plug, just add about a meter (3 ft or so) of speaker wire to each speaker. Bose went on the cheap with the wires on this model, and they are quite thin, so if possible Id like to use higher grade speaker wire than what they came with-- (cant say for sure, but I think about the same gauge as standard headphone wire) Any input would be greatly appreciated, even a tasty link to a do it yourself page with some nice, fluffy color pictures would suffice.
Thanks for the help!

Dr. Z
Tokyo, Japan
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us