Squeaking surround?? Help!

MerseyRed
Unregistered guest
Hi all - I have recently purchased a surround sound system which works fine with DVDs but for some reason when I am playing SKY+ (sound through an optical cable) the rear speakers play speech in what can only be described as a 'squeaking' sound! You can still make out the words, but the voice is....squeaking. The voice sounds are fine out the front three speakers. If I had to describe it by analogy - it reminds me of when tape cassetes used to get chewed up...

Can anyone suggest anything? As far as I can tell the wires are all correctly plugged in and the system is set-up to receive sound through the optical input.

The sys in question is a BOSE Lifestyle 28 series. If you arent a fan of the product that's fine, but I'd prefer some constructive advice please (rather than throw it in the bin!)

Any advice appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6154

I'm not a fan of Bose, but I think you'll find that's the way the system works. Take your disc to the dealer where the unit was purchased and ask for a comparison. If the store unit doesn't replicate your problem, I would recommend a repair person give your unit a once over.

Username: Alexf

Post Number: 2
Hi, did u find the answer to your problem. I have a Denon 3802 with the same issue which i have further info on if you havent cured it yet.

Regards

Alex

MerseyRed
Unregistered guest
Hi Alex

I think I've solved it by using the "mono-decoding" feature - it stops the machine trying to split stereo sound into 5.1 and just puts all the sound through all the speakers.

But any additional advice you may have will be welcome.

PS thanks for your suggestion Jan but the problem occurs with normal TV, not with any discs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us