Need help deciding on changing amp.

Username: Mrsadman

Post Number: 3
I recently got a new system. I currently have a technics su-8080 that would drive my pair of jbl lx-55's pretty fine, but now I got two 120 watts bose speakers for 75 canadian dollars. But my stereo amp drives them really badly, so I would be looking for a 5.1 amp. I need something that will be able to push out a lot of good and clear sound, have a digital coax input connector (for my computer), and 2 standard RCA inputs (for a CD player and my gaming consoles). I heard the RX-v2500 from yamaha is a good amp, but I don't need that many options, I just need the best sound I can get for the only few inputs I need to plug in. Anyone has any suggestion on which amp I should go for ?

Bronze Member
Username: Divin11112000

Michigan

Post Number: 51
Denon have good amps as does Harmon Kardon. Check out those two. Although I woudln't expect much quality for bose speakers. For the most part bose is over priced. If your current reciever is 5.1 and your only reason for upgrade is to play the bose better, I'd ditch the bose get different speakers and keep the receiver.

my .02

Username: Mrsadman

Post Number: 4
The only reason I'm using the boses is to support my JBL's, I wired them in parallel with the jbl's on my technics and I get a pretty good sound, I'm just looking for the surround sound I might be able to get if I would go for a surround amp. I also already have a passive subwoofer, I'd only need to get a center.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us