TV only has Coax cable

Username: Dfboiler

Post Number: 1
Hi, here's yet another twist to setup.

I have a zeneth home theatre (HT), digital cable, panasonic vcr and I'm trying to set all up to get sound through the home theatre.

Since I only have a coax setup on the TV what is the best way to set this up? I had the HT and VCr connected by RCA cables and the Cable into the VCR and out to the TV because of the Coaxl. But I never could get the TV alone to play through the HT so that I got sound into the HT speakers...the only time I got HT sound was if I was playing the built in DVD in the HT.
Is there a solution so that I can get everything hooked up and I can get sound through the home theater even if it comes orignally from vcr tapes or a regular tv channel?

Any help is appreciated, including a suggestion I get a new TV with additional inputs. (at least that would give me more reason to get a new tv)

Username: Notsobright

Pennsylvania U.S.A

Post Number: 5
try to buy an RF Modulator and see if it can help.

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 467
David,
If you are feeding the VCR audio from the cable box's audio outs and then feeding from the VCR's audio outs to the HT, then all you have to do is select the "Line" input on the VCR (after powering up the VCR, of course!) and then select the input on the HT that you have the VCR's audio out going into. Or you could just listen to the TV audio through the VCR's channel 3/4 (whichever your cable box's output uses in your area) with the power up on the VCR, and as above using the same input on the HT.

I hope this explanation is understandable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us