Receiver question RX-v2600

Username: Chomperoni

Post Number: 4
I was looking at the Yamaha rxv2600 receiver and was wondering two things: Can I run speakers that are 4 ohm and 8 ohm at the same time? Also being a newbie at this, if the amp is rated at 910 watts does that mean that it uses that much power all the time it is on or only when it is cranked?
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 1188
Check specs on 4 ohm issue-probably available online. 910 refers to maximum power output into a certain ohm load (uaually 8 ohms). Rare for a reveiver to be called upon to use its maximium for any sustained period.

The MOFO has spoken.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2561
Dan,

Yes. I run a 7.1 setup with the 2500 and have both 4 & 8 ohm speakers within the setup. My front/center speakers are all 4ohm, and the rest are 8 ohm.

The receiver hardly breaks a sweat, nor does it get hot.

Username: Chomperoni

Post Number: 5
Thanks, I am going to try it. I was also wondering if anyone knew the answer to my second question. If the power consumption for the amp depends on how much you crank up the volume or some other factor.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2569
Yea, it's a 130wattx7 receiver, so they call it 910watts, but it's a bit of a misnomer because it's not rated as all channels driven.

All channels driven isnt important as it relates to movies anyway because your surrounds and rears will never demand as much power as the fronts/center.

Username: Aamsergie

Dallas, TX USA

Post Number: 2
Does anyone have the rxv2600/HTR5990?

If so, where did you get it from. I'm dying to get my hands on one.
aamsergie at hotmail dot com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us