Help setting up Panasonic TH-50PHD7UY and SA 8300

Username: Mwil

Santa Barbara, CA USA

Post Number: 1
Hi Techno Guys,
My husband is finally buying an HD plasma he has decided on the Panasonic TH-50PHHD7UY. But I am the techno babe around here so I will have to hook everything up. I am great on the mac and audio but Video is not my usual area of expertise. The TH-50PWD7UY is an industrial plasma and from the factory is pretty limited. The input bay includes one component/RGB video input that also accepts RGBHV signals, one composite-video input (they use BNC-type connectors), and one S-Video input, all with their own RCA-type stereo audio inputs. Also a 15-pin VGA-style PC input, an RS-232 control port, and a composite-video output. I can purchase additional input cards (DVI, HDMI,component video, etc..), But I need to know which ones I absolutely need for the best picture that will connect to the Scientific Atlantic HD dvr from Cox( I am not sure what options they have.
I also want to bypass the cable signal for analog to my tivo (would I need to split this before the box?)
Also I am a bit of an audiophile and for our mac I have a little parrasound Zamp and two focal labs bookshelf speakers. But my honey will not spend more for surround or sound ( he does not really want more than 2 speakers anyway) and all we can spend is $250 on sound- I know I can do theatre in a box but the audio is usually cheesy. I also may want to use the receiver to expand the outputs. so I am wondering any suggestions on starter systems that could be upgraded but do not sound too bad for now?

ANY suggestions would be appreciated
Marla
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us