Onkyo HTS-650 vs. Pioneer HTP-725DV

OK, I've narrowed my selection to these 2 systems. To help me with my final decision, I'm interested in what the "real" owners have to say about these systems. $100 +/- in cost is not a huge consideration as I believe these systems to be on par with each other. I realize that the 650 doesn't have DVD/CD, so I'm factoring that in as well. My plan would be to get the 650 with a 5-disc DVD/CD changer, or the 725DV with a 5-disc CD changer.

I've read all the jazzy comments about the Onk, on all the different megssage threads, but haven't seen much about the Pioneer. Pioneer owners, please let's hear from you...I plan to put the system in a 22x15 room with 9' ceilings. Will either of these units fill the room with quality sound at this price point? I'm not a true audiophile, but just like the next guy, I really do appreciate a nice sounding system!! Which system offers the most bang for my hard earned buck? Who is the least expensive "AUTHORIZED" dealer, and what are they selling at today?

Anonymous
I have had my Pioneer HTP-725DV for about 2 weeks now and I absolutely love it.

For starters it gives you 6.1 channel, Dobly Dig EX, DTS-ES and DTS:Neo
It has 100W X 6 channel power + pre-amp out for sub. Comes with 100W powered sub
For the 6th channel one can one can connect one speaker or two back surround speaker, or 1 additional sub.
VSX-D811S receiver has plenty of in/out jacks plus 7.1 channel input for future formats.

Check out the details at http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=130HTP725D

Bought it at etronics for 608 fully delivered.

DVD payer is progressive scan (1 disc), plays CD, cdrw, dvd-audio and more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us