DVI cable help...

Bronze Member
Username: Marvel

CANADA

Post Number: 17
I have a DVI port on the back of my sony RP LCD. I just bought a HD cable box and it has a HDMI port (and componat video too), so I bought a monster HDMI/DVI adapter and a monster DVI cable. I have since talked to a few people and have been told that the expensive monster DVI cable is not worth the money and I could buy a DVI cable from a computer store for about a third of the cost. I guess I wanted to hear from some people on this forum about what to do, should I return the monster DVI and buy another less expensive brand? or should I just scrap the whole DVI thing and buy a good set of componat cables? Is there even a noticeable differance between the two? Anyway thanks for any help.

Bronze Member
Username: Saaketham

Post Number: 35
I would return the Monster and get a reasonably decent DVI cable. I'm using another brand for my HD box to TV and the HD channels are amazingly clear and colorful.

Gold Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 1180
You can generally save money and not compromise on pq buy using another cable, especially for routine installations that do not involve extreme lengths. Whether DVI or component will give you a better picture is very much dependent on equipment. Experiment and then decide.

The MOFO has spoken.

Username: Tenettech

Post Number: 5
Got a DVI to HDMI cable from monoprice.com for about $8, 6ft long. I'm satisfied with the quality for the price. I cannot justify spending money on Monster cables...for audio/video. Unless I won the lottery or smething :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us